- MBBS in Russia is a 6-year degree offered majorly as a specialist bachelor’s degree in General Medicine. It is emerging as an alternative option for all those aspiring doctors who couldn’t secure admission in a good Indian medical college in recent years.
- Over 53 Russian universities offering an MBBS degree are approved by the Medical Council of India (MCI).
- Russia is the best option for students looking forward to flourishing in their careers. The diversified practical experience offered in Russian medical universities is quite fruitful. Since the complete course is for 6 years including internship, it provides a rich duration to explore medicine. Attaining the best of qualitative education at reasonable fees is best for choice for Indian students.
- Rich Russian culture and reasonable cost of living help students to continue their studies without any financial dent. Since all the colleges come under government, so the safety and health of students are taken care off. Completing your MBBS in Russia would open gateways to numerous career options. Students can comfortably study for their screening tests of MCI.
- Russia has the best medical education infrastructure since 1707. Despite providing the best Medical education is Russia the cost of education is low because of the subsidy provided by the Russian Government.
- MBBS in Russia is one of the most preferred degrees for international students including India. Presently there are more than 30,000 students are there who are studying MBBS in Russia. The Medical Colleges in Russia are ranked under the top 100 medical universities in the world. More than 3000 students go to Russia every year for doing MBBS.
Why to study MBBS in Russia?
There should be a reason to study abroad, and the primary reason to do your MBBS in Russia is that you will be able to study at the best medical Universities of the world with affordable tuition fees and it will be around five times lesser as compared to Indian Medical universities. The students can get global exposure and advanced learning in the medical field. No donation is asked in Russian medical colleges for admission.
Here are some many more reasons due to which you should pursue medical education in Russia:
- Russian medical colleges provide world-class medical education like advanced labs, research-based education, and practical implementation of theories taught in the class.
- Medical colleges of Russia are the top-ranked medical colleges in the whole world. Some of them are ranked below 100 rank and above the topmost medical colleges of India.
- Russian Hospital provides world-class medical health infrastructure to internship and practical experience as a doctor.
- The perfect combination of practical and theoretical curriculum.
- No entrance exam required for MBBS in Russia. Indian students must qualify NEET to practice in India as a doctor.
- Low tuition fees and low cost of living in Russia. Russia provides subsidized medical education.
- Globally recognized degree. Medical Universities of Russia are recognized by WHO, medical council of all leading countries like India, USA, UK, China, Italy Australia, and WFME.
- All the medical colleges in Russia are under government authorizations, this guarantee’s quality of education.
- 9:1 Student-Teacher ratio
- MCI Screening Test now NEXT Exam coaching is available in the Medical universities of Russia. Professors help Indian students to prepare for MCI Screening Test.
- The canteens prevalent in Russian university campuses offer top quality Indian foods
- Students can complete their degree at quite affordable prices.
- Preparation for MCI could be done simultaneously.
- Opportunity to practice in renowned world hospitals are opened after completing your MBBS in Russia from here.
- Getting Admission and Visa for educational purpose is quite easy
DoctorAbroad not only speaks about encouraging students to study MBBS with a broad exposure, but talks of their flaws too. We at, DoctorAbroad care for young minds that prepares to spread wings in an aim to become a doctor. While caring, we do not forget to show the either side of the coin. If we care, we speak of flaws too.
Therefore, here are some of the disadvantages of living in Russia for education that needs to be aware of before living for Russia.
- The students might face the language problem in the beginning because the local language is Russian and that’s why the students have to learn this language.
- The students might not be able to adapt to the cold climate of Russia.
- The Visa Procedure for Russia is quite tedious and it would take you more than 2 months to get the Visa.
- The medical curriculum of the Russian colleges makes the students lazy as the education system doesn’t put much pressure on students.
- There are no chances that students would be able to do a part-time job because the studies need a lot of concentration and effort.
List of world accreditations on Russian Medical Colleges and Universities:
- World Health Organisation (WHO)
- Ministry of Education, Russia
- Medical Council of India (MCI)
- Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG)
- World Federation for Medical (WFME)
Eligibility criteria for MBBS in Russia:
- The students who want to pursue MBBS from Russia should be at least 17 years old and the maximum age limit is 25 years old before 31st December in the admission year.
- The student must have passed the 12th standard with 50% marks in their 12th standard from Science stream (Physics, Chemistry, and Biology) in CBSE / ISC or any other Equivalent Board of Examination.
- The student must have qualified NEET-UG and passed out from the MCI approved medical colleges of Russia to start practicing as a doctor in India.
- Eligibility criteria for MBBS in Russia are very lenient in comparison to India. In India, students must get below 8000 rank to get admission to medical universities in India but in Russia, the student must only qualify the NEET UG Exam.
Important instructions before and after you go to Russia for doing MBBS:
- If you want to start practicing as a doctor in India you should Start preparing for the MCI Screening now NEXT Exam from the 2nd year itself in the college.
- There are 8 Medical Colleges in Russia who have their course curriculum in English. Please do the research before taking admission.
- Beware from the fraud consultants. Never pay the full fees in advance to the consultant.
- Do research about climate, culture, religion, and Food availability in Russia. Russia is extremely cool the temperature goes till -10 degrees. There are some Indian restaurants in Russia
Courses and Syllabus of MBBS in Russia:
- The universities in Russia are approved by MCI, and an advanced syllabus is followed for the MBBS courses.
- The Russian medical universities are recognized with FAIMER, WFME, WHO, MCI, Ministry of Education, Russia.
So, the students can choose a particular university after checking all the details of the universities.
How to get an entry to a college? / Admission-Intake:
- The application process for MBBS in Russia starts from the 1st of March 2020 and ends at the end of May.
- Admission starts from 1st of June 2020 and ends on the 31st of July 2020.
- From 1st July to 30th August 2020 students start receiving the invitation letter and confirmation of admission from medical universities of Russia.
- The visa process for Russia starts in July and goes till August of every year.
- The students who want to apply for Russian Visa need to secure their place in a University by filling up the form for it.
- The students who have enrolled in medical courses in Russia can apply for Visa and the Student Visa is issued as a single-entry visa, which is only for one year.
- This Visa can be extended as per the study duration. Academic sessions start in September in almost all the medical universities of Russia.
The curriculum of Russian universities is quite simplified for medical students. Students looking for admission must follow some detailed guidelines:
- Complete your online application form.
- Submit all documents
- Candidates can expect an invitation letter from the respective university
- Pay your admission fees
- Apply for Visa
- Collect your visa, Book tickers & fly to Russia for your dreams coming true.
Necessary Documents for MBBS in Russia:
- 12th mark sheet and certificate
- The 10th mark sheet and certificate
- Birth certificate in English
- Passport with a minimum validity of 18 months
- Ten passport size photos
- HIV test documents An official letter from Medical college in Russia
- Legalization of documents by Russian Embassy
- Authorization of reports from the Ministry of External Affairs, New Delhi
- Visa fees and bank receipt of First-year tuition fee payment of college in Russia
Candidates need to be aware of some critical information. Being aware of such minute details will help them during the process of admission.
- Most Russian universities take in close to 15 days to share admission letter
- Most of the MBBS in Russia aspirants receive their invitation letters by July or August
- Get your Russian Visa issued might take significant time, so this is the aspect where special care needs to be taken care off.
- All candidates must comply with the guidelines stated by the university.
- Candidates must be well aware of the overhead expenses other than fees
- Pursuing your medical studies from Russia can help students in the long term.
Accommodation Facilities for MBBS Students:
- Students admitted to best medical colleges in Russia tend to get best hostel facilities.
- The students who won’t be interested in living in a hotel can decide to stay in a private flat, lodges, homestay, and Inns as per their convenience.
- There are two kinds of settlements for students and those are off grounds and lodging. Off ground settlements will cost around $150 to $350 per month. The prices of Inn will be convenient for the students as it will cost up to $100 maximum per month.
- The students can get fully secured hostels in Universities and all the rooms provided to the students are well-furnished.
- Other than the University fees, the students will need to spend around Rs.6500 per month in Russia. It is enough for the students to make food payments and other necessary expenses.
- Colleges in Russia have a low fee structure and it makes the life of MBBS aspirants easier in a foreign country. The high teaching standards and low fees make it a perfect choice for Indian students.
- The overall cost of getting admitted to a medical college in Russia will be around 15-20 lakhs only.
- The Indian students will get hostel facilities, and it will cost around Rs.10000-14000/- only.
Life of Indian students in Russia:
- Medical students in Russia have a safe and comfortable life.
- Students are equipped with the highest standard housing and facilities at college campuses. Both services are accessible at a very small cost in universities.
- Students in Russian medical universities savour cultural diversity. There are several cultural activities and festivals held throughout the universities every year. Students usually take part in these activities every year. This allows them to recognize diverse cultures.
- Residents living in Russia are very courteous to Indian students. They talk in Russian and regard Indians as successful citizens in the country. They are very kind and compassionate, which is very helpful to students who are scared to visit a host state.
- Besides, there is a substantial percentage of Indian communities that also hold exhibitions for Indian visitors. They also play a significant role in the entertainment of Indian visitors.
- The Hostels of Russia are neat, clean and amazing.
- 2 student’s students can share rooms, 3 students can share rooms, and 4 students can share rooms, depending on the student and the adjustment with each other.
- Hostels are fitted with maximum protection, CCTV camera region, washing machine facility is also accessible, and students may even prepare their food in their kitchen if they choose to cook by themselves.
- The Hostels of Russia are safe and comfortable, which are located very close to the main campus, making it easier for students to reach the university in time.
- Russia is a huge state, so it’s no surprise that the weather in different regions varies a lot. Therefore, a significant country territory is in a temperate climate environment, so that Indian applicants can feel at ease.
Documents required for Visa processing:
- Original or electronic invitation letter
- Passport with a minimum validity of two years
- Secondary school certificate legalized by Apostille stamp
- The medical certificate with a negative report of HIV
- 2 passport size photographs
**A Russian student visa is valid only for one year and students must renew it annually till the duration of the program.
Quick and brief review on studying MBBS in Russia:
|Intake/Admission||1st September 2021 to 30th Oct 2021|
|Application Starts||1st March 2021 to 30th Sep 2021.|
|Invitation Letter||15th June to 30th Sep 2021.|
|Duration||6 Years (5 + 1-Year Internship)|
|The number of Medical Universities approved by MCI (as of 2020)||53|
|International Students Acceptance||Yes|
|Minimum Tuition Fees||Rs. 2,20,000 Per Year ($2,933)|
|Maximum Tuition Fees||Rs. 6,30,000 Per Year ($ 8,400 Per Year)|
|Average Accommodation Fees||Rs. 1,75,000/Year ($ 2333 Per Year)|
|The medium of Instruction||English / Russian|
|Degree||MD (Physician is equivalent to MBBS degree|
|Top 3 Medical University||(1). People Friendship University, Moscow (World Rank 125) (2). Kazan Federal University (World Rank 392) (3). First Moscow State Medical University, Russia (World Rank 450)|
|Scholarship||(1). The government of Russian Federation Scholarships (2). Benjamin A. Gilman Scholarships (3). Russian medical colleges offer educational grants. (4). SRAS (The school of Russian and Asian Studies)|
|Major Cities||Moscow; St Petersburg; Nizhny Novgorod|
|Time Zone||Russia (GMT+3). [India is 2 hours and 30 minutes ahead of Moscow, Russia]|