There are different streams in engineering course one of the most trending and the popular engineering course is Thermal Engineering. Thermal Engineering involves the study ait flight capable machines, and the course is related to the process to convert generated energy from thermal sources into chemical, mechanical, or electrical energy manufacturing, designing etc. Unlike any other engineering course Thermal Engineering is also a four year course and through this article we are providing the complete information about the Thermal Engineering course like eligibility, specializations, course & duration, admission process, carriers etc.Sponsored Links
What is Thermal Engineering?
A study that deals with the movement of heat energy and transfer is called Thermal Engineering, and the course is related to the process to convert generated energy from thermal sources into chemical, mechanical, or electrical energy manufacturing, designing, and the study of ait flight capable machines.
Eligibility Criteria for Thermal Engineering Course:
Thermal Engineering is offered at Postgraduation and the students who have passed the following under graduation engineering courses they are eligible to apply the thermal engineering post-graduation course.
- Mechanical Engineering
- Production Engineering
- Automobile Engineering
- Aeronautical Engineering
- Aerospace Engineering
- Marine Engineering
- Industrial Engineering
- Manufacturing Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
Thermal Engineering Post Graduation Course:
- BE/B.Tech in Thermal Engineering
Thermal Engineering Research Program:
- ME/M.Tech in Thermal Engineering
Thermal Engineering Course & Duration:
There are 2 different courses in Thermal Engineering starting right from the diploma to PhD.
- Thermal Engineering PG Course (ME/M.Tech) – duration of the course is 2 years and the (BE/B.Tech) students are eligible to apply for this course.
- Thermal Engineering PhD Program: – duration of the course is 2 years and the Thermal Engineering post graduates (ME/M.Tech) students are eligible to apply for this course.
Thermal Engineering Admission Process:
There are different ways and different entrance exams to get the admission into the Thermal Engineering they are:
- For Post-graduation course students have to appear for GATE exam.
- For Research program students have to appear for CSIR NET exam.
Thermal Engineering Specializations:
There are different specializations in the Thermal Engineering course they are:
· Heat Transfer and Thermal Power
· Thermal Science and Energy Systems
· Thermal System Design
· Thermodynamics & Combustion Engineering
· Refrigeration & Air Conditioning
· Thermal Turbomachines
· I.C. Engines
Top Engineering Colleges that Offer Thermal Engineering Course are:
- National Institute of Technology, Kurukshetra
- National Institute of Technology, Raipur
- National Institute of Technology, Rorkela
- Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee
- Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi
- Amity University, Gurgaon
- BITS Pilani
Thermal Engineering Jobs Recruiters:
The top most companies both from Government and the private sectors that offer jobs in thermal engineering are:
- Qualcomm India Pvt Ltd.
- Airbus Group India Pvt. Ltd.
- Tata Consulting Engineers Limited
- Pentagon Global Solutions Ltd.
- Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd.
- Hyundai Motors Ltd.
- Hindustan Motors
- Maruti Suzuki Motors Ltd.
- TATA Motors Ltd.