Why to study MBBS in Philippines?
- Philippines is popularly known to be one of the best medical hubs for India students for more than several decades. About 9000 students admit themselves every year in one of the world’s recognised medical institutes which are officially approved by MCI and WHO.
- It is a five-year course with 1-year duration of conducting the internship for students after the completion of the course.
- Philippines is the third largest English-speaking nation in the world with a comparatively similar climatic conditions with that of India.
- Philippines has got a very low minimal price package to pursue MBBS while compared to the medical studies in other countries.
- Being one of the most popular medical hubs for the international medical education, Philippines serves its finest education within US standards. They basically offer a comprehensive education and a multi-cultural study environment for international students.
How is the MBBS educational quality in Philippines?
- A Spanish colony ruled Philippines for over 300 continuous years turning it into an American influence for almost 50 years. The influence of European and American habitation uprooted the Filipino-Asian practical identity emerging strictly more of an America than the any other body. Its global class curriculum is an adaption from the American habitation system and their education creating a responsive opportunity to open every possible door for every individual around the world.
- The medical course in Philippines is known as Doctor of Medicine (MD) similar to the American educational methodologies. National Medical Commission (NMC) earlier called as the medical Council of India, recognizes MD degree from Philippines equivalent to that of the Indian MBBS.
What is in the Philippines Medical Syllabus?
- Indian students can find relativity and easiness with the Filipino MBBS syllabus for cracking the Foreign Medical Graduates Exam (FMGE). It is however announced that in the year 2022, the exam will be replaced by National Exit Test (NEXT). The decision is ordered by National Medical Commission.
- The Filipino MBBS course syllabus includes the following specialisations: Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry, Pharmacology, Pathology, Community Medicine, Microbiology, Obstetrics, Gynaecology, General medicine, Surgery, Paediatrics, Psychiatry, Ophthalmology, Otorhinolaryngology, Anaesthesiology, Radiology.
How much will a medical course fee cost?
- The affordable fee structure in the recognized medical institutes and research centres, makes Indian students comfortably focus on their education that worrying about the fees.
- Philippines is a country that is a reasonable platform to perform advanced medical practices at a relatively low cost yet in such a world-class curriculum.
- Total Medical course fees to complete MBBS in Philippines, 2020 is approximately around 20 lakhs, excluding the tuition fees.
- Tuition fees are excluded from the course fees as it has to be paid annually and directly to the Philippines Medical university Bank Accounts.
- When compared to self-financing private medical institutions with the tuition fees, the saving goes up to 70%.
- The cost of living is relatively cheaper in Philippines that include hostel fees, mess fees, and other living expenses. The overall expense goes up to Rs. 12,000 per month.
- The inclusion of tuition fees with that of the course can go around 30 lakhs or slightly above.
What is the duration and pattern of the Medical Course?
- The total duration of Doctor of Medicine (MD) course is 5 and half years for students who have completed class 12 with a background in science.
- First 16 months eventually focus on constructing the foundation for a strong medical education which is called the Bachelor of Science program. Rest three years consist of core medicines.
- The final year undergoes clinical rotations.
- A student with an initial medical bachelor’s degree is eligible to directly join the MD course.
NMAT Exam for MBBS In Philippines
- Filipino Government Medical Institutes conduct NMAT (National Medical Admission Test) for admissions in MD courses. NMAT is similar to NEET UG examination in India.
- The passing percentile of NMAT exam is 40. The increase in the course duration leads to higher cost of study.
How to recognise approved institutions in Philippines?
- All the public and private higher educational institutions are approved by CHED (The Commission on Higher Education Philippines.)
- It is always advisable to not get admitted to any institution in the country that isn’t recognised by CHED, or either recognised by WHO (especially in case of Medical institutes).
How to speak with ease in Philippines?
- The official language of Philippines is English. However, this medium of instruction is an opposition to the students from Russia and China.
- Every sign board and name board in Philippines are written in English, making it compulsory for every Filipinos and Non-Filipinos to understand and speak English.
- The language medium is a very necessary detail as it helps the students to communicate better in a common language during clinical practices.
What is the highest FMGE Passing Ratio?
- It is also necessary to crosscheck the Filipino Medical Institutions approved by MCI (Medical Council of India) beside WHO.
- The students after pursuing their medical degree from WHO listed colleges are eligible further for appearing the screening test, FMGE.
- FMGE is officially approved by the Cabinet of NMC (National Medical Commission) to merge with NEXT (National Exit Test) exam to licentiate any medical student who completed their MBBS course from Philippines. The passing of the exam will be a confirmation that the particular student is eligible further to become a doctor (practitioner or specialist).
Why to study MBBS in Aruba?
- The brightest merit to pursue a medical degree from Aruba is that the concerned individual can obtain the American citizenship while practising in USA.
- Availability of scholarships for the students pursuing their medical courses in Aruba university.
- The low-cost course fees for studying medical makes Aruba one of the most recommended options for international students, every year.
- The medical universities at Aruba offering MBBS degree are recognized the by Medical authorities such as World Health Organization, Medical Council of India.
What is interesting about Aruba?
- Four countries together constitute the Kingdom of Netherlands among which one of the island countries is Aruba. The nationals of Aruba are all Dutch nationals.
- The blond beaches, sculpted desert landscapes draw attention towards these natural aesthetic beauties. Apart from its tourist attraction, the warmness in the hospitality is a fetching factor for any foreigner to stay long.
- The country has the world’s second-largest salt-water purification plant.
- The estimated population counts up to 112,309 with a 4.483 billion-dollar GDP.
- The official currency of Aruba is Aruban florin (AWG).
How is the national and MBBS educational quality in Aruba?
- The national education system of Aruba is patterned after The Dutch System of Education. It is financed by the Government of Aruba.
- According to the Government of Aruba, education plays an important role in the improvement and development of the country.
- The government of Aruba doesn’t finance the private institutions yet takes up the responsibility along with the public ones to work on their own finances and records.
- Although the seats in the Aruban universities are limited yet those institutions help every individual to follow up their dreams of becoming a doctor.
- The Aruban universities provide a degree in bachelor’s for health care studies, and later offers two degrees of MD in healthcare studies.
- The students who want to pursue an MD program have a pre-med program for the duration of 1 and a half year, with 4 semesters. The total fee for the pre-med and MD programs can cost around 171,680 USD.
- The courses offered here are extremely challenging, designed for the competitive minds.
- Opportunities for postgraduate research are in the cases like electronics, computer.
- Two prominent medical institutes, for example, in Aruba are:
- American University of Medicine, Aruba
- Aureus University School of Medicine, Aruba
What is the major misconception regarding the pursuing of MBBS in Aruba?
- In most of the cases, neither Aruba nor Netherlands is listed out for pursuing MBBS from abroad destinations. The reason is that foreigner think that the courses are taught to them in Dutch language. Henceforth, to study in Aruba or in Netherlands, one has to focus his initial period of stay in learning a new language. It isn’t completely wrong. But the partial truth offers their courses in Dutch and has been made a compulsion to offer courses in Dutch since the 1990’s.
- According to the Aruban facilitation of medical courses, there isn’t any fault in learning a new language, as after all, an individual can help himself survive easily for the entire 5-6 years of medical course, and also getting a job in Aruba on completion of the MBBS course.
How is the fee structure of a medical course in Aruba?
- The entire medical program is categorised into basic science and clinical science program. With the total cost on basic science program, the fees go around 75,000 USD and around 90,000 USD on clinical science programs. Henceforth, the total cost for the MD program can cost almost 170,000 USD.
- Apart from the course fees, there is also an inclusion of additional estimated fee such as registration fee, immigration processing fee, housing, health insurance, book and supplies, graduation fee, etc.
Why to study MBBS in Kyrgyzstan?
- Kyrgyzstan is a sub-tropical, moderate Asian country located in the Ukrainian regions suitable for students of any climate.
- The study destination at Kyrgyzstan has the lowest education budget compatible for any international student to pursue the entire medical course system without worrying about the fee structure.
- Although the official languages of the country are Russian and Kyrgyz, the medical colleges impart MBBS education in the English Language itself, including the lectures.
- The theoretical study of the course is 5 years, plus 1 year for doing internship.
- The medical institutes in the country are recognized officially by WHO and MCI.
- Budget for the course can roughly go around 10 lakhs and above.
What are the eligibility criteria for admitting into the medical institutes in Kyrgyzstan?
- Kyrgyzstan needs certain formalities and eligibility criteria for taking admission into any Ukrainian Universities or Colleges. Every student is required to be of 17 years on or before the time of admission.
- The clearance of class 12 is a compulsion.
- The general category students are required to secure at least 50% in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology, and English in Class 12th. Whereas the SC/ST/OBC categorized students must secure at least 40% in the same given subjects.
- The qualification in NEET 2020 is a must if an individual seeks to study in this country. At least 50th percentile is the key target.
What is best about the medical colleges in Kyrgyzstan?
- Some of the popular medical institutes in Kyrgyzstan are Asian medical Institute, Kyrgyz State Medical Academy, Jalal-Abad State University, International School of Medicine, etc.
- The popular medical institutes conduct fair and straight admission process where the students won’t need to go through any entrance examinations.
- The institutes are recognized by MCI (Medical Council of India), WHO (World Health Organization), Ministry of Science and Education, WDOMS (World Directory of Medical Schools), UNESCO (United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization.
- The MBBS degree from Kyrgyzstan is accepted globally and doctors can also apply for USMLE i.e., United State of licensing examination.
Is Kyrgyzstan expensive?
- The country is not that expensive for the students because the fees of the colleges are very low. It is suitable for students with low budget who want to study MBBS.
- Despite low fee structure, the education is quality based under MCI and WHO approvals.
What are the basic advantages of pursuing MBBS in Kyrgyzstan?
- Availability of modern and sophisticated equipment in the medical institutions of Kyrgyzstan.
- Easy accessibility to international and national flights in the country with frequent arrivals.
- Serving of pure vegetarian as well as non-vegetarian food and cuisines in mess, and restaurants.
- Low standard of living by prioritizing hygiene.
- After completing MBBS you can apply for any licensing exams such as the FMGE Screening test as the degree is accepted worldwide.
- International Exposure and safety.
MBBS Intake in Kyrgyzstan?
- Kyrgyzstan do not have a wide variety of medical bodies or institutions. Hence, the degree is completely valid for Indian students, and other international students.
- The admission procedure to these courses are made simple and hassle-free with the help of NV Foundation.
- The application begins from the first of the month of July and ends by the final date of the month of August, every year.
- The courses for the Kyrgy government medical universities begin from September whereas their private universities intake admission in two batches namely in September and the other in January.