The Realme GT Neo 2 – the latest offering from Realme was announced by the company in an official announcement on 22nd September. The phone was already launched by the company in China in September under the same name. The new launch from Realme will compete in the premium midrange phones segment against the likes of the Xiaomi Mi 11X, OnePlus 9R and similar phones in the same price range. As the phone is already launched in China, the specifications of the phone are already known.
Realme is a Chinese smartphone & electronic manufacturer. Realme is a subsidiary brand of BBK Electronics like its sister companies – Oppo, Vivo & OnePlus. Oppo’s Ex-VP & India Head Sky Li started Realme with Madhav Seth in 2018. Realme launched their first phone in May 2018 & have enjoyed relatively good success in the smartphone market. The company aims to cater their products mainly to Indian & European markets & their latest offering – the Realme GT Neo 2 is expected to be launched in India & Europe at the same time. Here’s all you need to know about the upcoming Realme GT Neo 2: –
Realme GT Neo 2 Launch Date in India:
The Realme GT Neo 2 has received an official launch date with the company announcing its India launch set for 13th October. The launch of the successor to the Realme GT Neo/Realme X7 Max will be done via a livestream on the Realme YouTube channel. The launch event is set to begin at 12:30pm IST on the Realme YouTube channel. Along with the launch of the phone, the Chinese electronics manufacturer has also lined up the launch of a special green coloured Realme AirBuds 2 variant to compliment the Realme GT Neo 2. There have been rumours suggesting that Realme will also showcase their Realme UI 3.0 skin which will run on top of Android 12 in Realme devices.
Realme GT Neo 2 Features & Highlights:
- The smartphone is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 870 CPU paired with a Adreno 650 GPU which offer a net 10% performance & efficiency boost over the CPU & GPU in the predecessor. The phone offers 8GB or 12GB RAM options with 128GB or 256GB storage. Realme GT Neo 2 will feature a stainless steel vapour cooling chamber which aims to reduce processor & GPU temperatures by up to 18 degrees Celsius.
- The GT Neo 2 has 3 rear cameras – a 64 MP, f/1.8, 26mm (wide), PDAF primary camera, a 8 MP, f/2.3, 16mm, 119˚ (ultrawide), 1/4.0″, 1.12µm camera for ultrawide shots & a 2 MP, f/2.4 camera for macro shots. The front camera is a 16 MP, f/2.5, 26mm (wide), 1/3.09″, 1.0µm sensor.
- The phone was launched with Realme UI 2.0 + Android 11 in China but indications point towards the possibility of it being launched with Realme UI 3.0 + Android 12.
- The smartphone from Realme is expected to have the usual set of connectivity features – 5G support, 4G LTE, Bluetooth 5.1, GPS, USB Type-C & Wi-Fi 6 (Dual Band).
- The display unit is a 6.62-inch FHD+ E4 AMOLED display with a refresh rate of 120Hz, peak brightness of 1300 nits, 600Hz touch sampling rate & Gorilla Glass 5 front screen glass.
- The GT Neo 2 is packed with a 5000 mAh battery & offers 65W Super Dart fast-charging out of the box (claims 0-100% charge in 36 minutes).
- Other features include Dolby Atmos supported dual speakers, Hi-Res wireless Bluetooth audio & an under-the-display fingerprint sensor.
Realme GT Neo 2 Price:
The Realme GT Neo 2 was launched in China in the month of September for around CNY 2,700 which equates to around Rs. 31,500. Hence, the phone is expected to be prices anywhere between Rs. 28,500 to Rs. 34,000 during launch. The pricing will be revealed during the official livestream launch event by Realme.
Realme GT Neo 2 Full Specifications:
Dimensions & Weight – 162.9 x 75.8 x 9 mm, 200g
Display – 6.62-inch AMOLED FHD+, 120Hz Refresh Rate, HDR10+ support, 1300nits peak brightness, 2400×1080 pixels resolution, 20:9 Aspect Ratio, 398ppi pixel density. Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
Software – The phone runs Android 11 with Realme UI 2.0 (Android 12 with Realme UI 3.0 rumoured).
Internals – Qualcomm Snapdragon 870 5G chipset (7nm process). The CPU is an octa-core CPU which has (1×3.2 GHz Kryo core, 3×2.42 GHz Kryo cores & 4×1.80 GHz Kryo 585 cores) & an Adreno 650 GPU.
Memory & Storage – 3 options of memory & storage combinations:
- 8GB RAM + 128GB UFS 3.1 Storage
- 8GB RAM + 256GB UFS 3.1 Storage
- 12GB RAM + 256GB UFS 3.1 Storage
Cameras – Primary Cameras (Rear Camera):
- 64 MP, f/1.8, 26mm, PDAF Primary Camera
- 8 MP, f/2.3, 16mm, 119˚, 1/4.0″, 1.12µm Ultrawide Camera
- 2 MP, f/2.4, for macro shooting
With LED Flash, HDR mode, Panorama Capture, 4K Video Recording @ 60/30 FPS with gyro-EIS.
Front/Selfie Camera – 16 MP, f/2.5, 26mm, 1/3.09″, 1.0µm with HDR & Panorama support. Video recording at 1080p @ 30 FPS with gyro-EIS
Connectivity – Network: GSM, CDMA, HSPA, EVDO, LTE, 5G
4G Bands – 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 18, 19, 26, 28, 34, 38, 39, 40, 41
5G Bands – 1, 3, 5, 8, 28, 41, 77, 78 SA/NSA
HSPA Speeds – 42.2Mbps Download, 5.76Mbps Upload, LTE-A & 5G (more than 100Mbps)
Dual-Band Wi-Fi 6 connectivity, NFC, Bluetooth 5.1 with aptX HD & A2DP
GPS Support – A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO, QZSS, NavIC
USB Type-C 2.0 Universal Connector for Charging & Data Transfer
Audio – Dual Stereo Loudspeakers with Dolby Atmos
Hi-Res Bluetooth Audio – 24-bit/192kHz
Battery – 5000 mAh Li-Po non-removable battery. Supports 65W SuperDart Fast-Charging (0-100% in 36 minutes claimed & advertised).
Colours Available – Black, Blue, Yellow-Green
Sensors – Under-Display Optical Fingerprint Sensor, Accelerometer, Gyroscopic sensor, Proximity Sensor & Compass.