- NEET-UG is to be conducted by NTA (National Testing Agency) only one time this year, following no necessary changes. This means the pattern and the entire system of conducting the NEET-UG shall remain the same compared to the previous year.
- The announcement was made by the Union Education Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ on Monday, 15th of March, 2021.
- In a written reply to Lok Sabha, the Union Minister said that NTA under the Ministry of Education conducts NEET for the undergraduate programme in medical sciences, in consultation with the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare. However, the NTA has informed that they have not received any memorandum in this regard, as per the response given to the question asked by the BJP MP Lallu Singh.
- The examination will be conducted offline through Pen and Paper mode on Sunday, August, 1, 2021. It will carry a total of 720 marks in which the physics paper will be of 180 Marks, and the Biology section carrying 360 marks in overall.
- Due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic, there were speculations made that the exam shall be conducted online. But since decisions are already made for not changing any practical changes on this year, therefore, there will be no online mode of examination this year. It shall be conducted in the pen and paper mode only.
- The total exam duration is 180 minutes.
- There paper for the exam shall be available in 11 Indian languages on the question including English, Hindi, Gujarati, Assamese, Marathi, Bengali, Tamil, Kannada, Telugu, Odia, and Urdu. While filling in the application form, the candidates will have to choose the option of the medium of the question paper.
- Inclusive of other facts to be followed this year, one necessary instruction is regarding the extra attempt to be made by the candidates. The exams will be held like in previous years, with no changes. Hence, unlike IIT-JEE, this year if any student fails to clear NEET 2021 exam in one go, they will not be given any additional attempt. However, the students were demanding an extra chance for this year due to the Covid-19 pandemic which has affected their studies.
- The registration dates for the NEET 2021 will be announced soon by the NTA, however we have provided an expected schedule below for the NEET UG 2021.
- The candidates can go through the official website at www.ntaneet.nic.in once the application forms are released. To apply for NEET 2021, the candidates will have to click on the registration link in the NTA official website itself and need to fill in the required details to generate login credentials. By this the candidatescan login and fill in the application form to submit it.
Expected Dates for NEET-UG 2021:
|Start date for registration||15 March 2021 (Expected)|
|Last date for application||May 2021|
|Application form correction window will be open in||May 2021|
|Admit Card availability online||May 2021|
|Commencement of the exam||01 August 2021|
|Result announcement date||July 2021|
Application Fees (Based on Last Year’s fee (2020)):
|Category||Expected NEET Application Fees|
|General-EWS/ OBC-NCL||Rs. 1400|
|SC/ ST/ PwD/ Transgender||Rs.800|
Total Seats Through NEET 2021:
|Course||Number of Seats|
|Total number of seats available through NEET||1, 71, 036|
|Total number of candidates who qualified NEET last year||7, 71, 500|
|Number of seats vacant in Govt. Dental Colleges last year||265 out of 700|