Marine Engineering is one of the best engineering streams & one of the most trending and the popular engineering course. Marine Engineering involves the study and the design of the ships. Unlike any other engineering course Marine Engineering is also a four year course and through this article we are providing the complete information about the Marine Engineering course like eligibility, specializations, course & duration, admission process, carriers etc.Sponsored Links
What is Marine Engineering?
A study of engineering the boats, ships, oil rigs, marine vessels etc is called Marine Engineering, and the course is related to the manufacturing, designing of the marine vessels. The study also involves the development, design, operation and maintenance of watercraft propulsion and on-board systems.
Eligibility Criteria for Marine Engineering Course:
There are four different courses in the Marine engineering, depending on the stream type the eligibility criteria changes.
Marine Engineering Diploma Course:
- 10th Class
- Intermediate/12th Class
Marine Engineering Graduation Course:
- Intermediate/12th Class
Marine Engineering Post Graduation Course:
- BE/B.Tech in Marine Engineering
Marine Engineering Research Program:
- ME/M.Tech in Marine Engineering
Marine Engineering Course & Duration:
There are four different courses in Marine Engineering starting right from the diploma to PhD.
- Diploma in Marine Engineering – duration of the course is 3 years and the 10th passed and the intermediate/12th class students are eligible to apply for this course.
- Marine Engineering UG Course (BE/B.Tech) – duration of the course is 4 years and the intermediate/12th class students are eligible to apply for this course.
- Marine Engineering PG Course (ME/M.Tech) – duration of the course is 2 years and the Marine Engineering (BE/B.Tech) students are eligible to apply for this course.
- Marine Engineering PhD Program: – duration of the course is 2 years and the Marine Engineering post graduates (ME/M.Tech) students are eligible to apply for this course.
Marine Engineering Admission Process:
There are different ways and different entrance exams to get the admission into the Marine Engineering they are:
- For diploma course students have to appear for the local diploma common entrance test.
- For under graduation course students have to appear for JEE Mains.
- For Post-graduation course students have to appear for GATE exam.
- For Research program students have to appear for CSIR NET exam.
Institutes/Colleges Offering Marine Engineering Course in India:
- Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Madras
- Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Kharagpur
- National Institute of Technology (NIT), Karnataka
- Maharashtra Academy of Naval Education & Training (MANET), Pune
- Marine Engineering and Research Institute, Kolkata
- V. Raman College of Engineering, Bhubaneswar
Marine Engineering Specializations:
There are different specializations in the Marine Engineering course they are:
· Maritime Commerce
· Marine Refrigeration
· Command And Control System
· Weaponry And Weapon Systems
· Navigation Systems And Equipment
· Marine Renewable Energy Research
· Autonomous Underwater Vehicle Research
· Information, Communication Systems and Equipment
· Offshore Extractive and InfrastructureSponsored Links