- JEE Main 2021 B-Tech paper-1 is scheduled today on Wednesday, February 24th. The exam was conducted in two slots: the first shift being conducted from 9 AM to 12 PM while conducting the second shift from 3 PM to 6 PM.
- JEE Main 2021 is the qualifying exam for admission to undergraduate programs in NITs, IIITs, and other Centrally Funded Technical Institutions (CFTIs). This exam is also an eligibility test for JEE Advanced, which is conducted for admission to undergraduate programs offered by the Indian Institute of Technology (IITs).
- Over 6 lakh students have registered for the BTech paper.JEE Main 2021 candidates will be required to adhere to COVID-19 guidelines which include wearing a mask at all times, maintaining appropriate distance from one another at the JEE Main exam centres.
- Several coaching centres expressed their views that those students who had appeared the exam in the first shift found mathematics and Chemistry subjects mildly tough whereas the physics paper seemed to be the most convenient and easiest one as compared to the rest two. The questions asked covered all chapters of Classes 11 and 12, however, weightage was given to class 12 chapters in Maths and Chemistry.
- NTA has given special privileges to such candidates who are suffering from chronic diseases including diabetes. They are allowed to carry sugar tablets or fruits and a transparent bottle with them. Though they will not be allowed to carry any packaged food.
- To prevent cheating using mobile phone networks, jammers have been installed in all the exam centres.
- Candidates who make use of unfair practices during the exam will be debarred for three years in future and shall also be liable for criminal action and /or any other action as deemed fit.
- JEE Main 2021 exam self-declaration form is a part of the admit card. Fill the self-declaration section, paste photograph and put left-hand thumb impression. Do not sign it. You will have to sign it on the exam venue.
- According to official information, NTA will announce JEE Main 2021 February result by March 7, 2021. The official website to check JEE Mains result will be jeemain.nta.nic.in.
- NTA will display JEE Main answer key and question paper on its official website. Students will be allowed to raise objections to the provisional answer key by paying a fee of Rs 200. Usually, NTA releases the final answer key before announcing result.
- The NTA has relaxed the eligibility criteria for JEE Main 2021 exam. Candidates are not required to achieve a minimum score in their Class 12 board exams but simply clear them. Earlier, they had to secure at least 75% to be allowed to participate in the counselling process.
- Candidates are welcome to write it all four times and only their best score will be considered for the final ranking process. The next three rounds of JEE Main 2021 will be conducted by the following schedule:
- Session 2-March 15-18
- Session 3-April 27-30
- Session 4-May 24-28
- In 2020, the JEE Main cut-offs rose for general category but dropped for the reserved categories. The cut-off for general category in the common rank list in JEE Main 2020 was 90.3765335, up from 89.7548849 in 2019.
JEE Main cut-off scores
|Category||JEE Cut-off 2019||JEE Cut-off 2020|
|Common Rank List (CRL)/ General Category||89.7548849||90.3765335|
|Economically Weaker Sections (EWS)||78.2174869||70.2435518|
|Other Backward Class (OBC-NCL)||74.3166557||72.8887969|
|Scheduled Castes (SC)||54.0128155||50.1760245|
|Scheduled Tribes (ST)||44.3345172||39.0696101|
|People with Disability (PwD)||0.1137173||0.0618524|
|04:10 PM IST||Feb. 24, 2021||The JEE Main scores will be displayed for each of the three sections: Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry and also the overall score in BE/BTech JEE Main paper. The second shift is going on and the discussions at the council has already started regarding the scores and marks obtained aggregately by the candidates in a whole.|
|03:00 PM IST||Feb. 24, 2021||JEE Main 2021Shift 2 exam beginsThe second shift of JEE Main, day 2, started at 3 pm. The BE/BTech paper will end at 6 pm and subject wise analysis, reaction of students will be made available here.|
|02:44 PM IST||Feb. 24, 2021||JEE Main 2021Second Shift to begin from 3 PM, Seating Area to Be Sanitized Before Exam BeginsThe sanitisation of the seating area, including monitor, keyboard, mouse, webcam, desk and chair, are among the many initiatives NTA has taken for conducting JEE Main 2021 safely.|
|02:30 PM IST||Feb. 24, 2021||JEE Main 2021: Candidates Asked to Drop Admit Cards, Sheets Before Leaving Exam HallNTA has asked the JEE candidates to leave their admit cards and rough sheets in the drop-box before leavingthe examination hall to avoid the spread of COVID-19 infection.|
|02:23 PM IST||Feb. 24, 2021||JEE Main BTech Shift 2 To Start Soon: Candidates will be allowed to enter the examination centre with admit card, valid ID proof and proper frisking. Frisking through Handheld Metal Detector (HHMD) will be carried out.Candidates must reach the centre as indicated against reporting/entry time on the admit card.No candidate will be allowed entry after the gate closing time.No candidate will be permitted to leave the room before the end of the examination.On completion of the examination, candidates need to wait for instructions from the invigilator and do not get up from the seat until advised.Candidates will be permitted to move out one at a time only.Candidates will be required strictly to adhere to COVID-19 guidelines as mentioned on the admit card.If religion/customs require candidates to wear specific attire, visit the centre early for thorough checking.|
|02:08 PM IST||Feb. 24, 2021||Several coaching centres expressed their views that those students who had appeared the exam in the first shift found mathematics and Chemistry subjects mildly tough whereas the physics paper seemed to be the most convenient and easiest one as compared to the rest two. The questions asked covered all chapters of Classes 11 and 12, however, weightage was given to class 12 chapters in Maths and Chemistry.|
|01:56 PM IST||Feb. 24, 2021|
|01:50 PM IST||Feb. 24, 2021||JEE Main 2021: Second shift, day 2Gates are now open for the second shift of the BTech paper. Exam will begin at 3 pm and end at 6 pm|
|01:32 PM IST||Feb. 24, 2021||According to the recent release of sources, NTA will announce JEE Main 2021 February result by March 7, 2021.|
|12:55 PM IST||Feb. 24, 2021||JEE Main 2021: Shift 2 starts at 3 pm.The second shift of JEE Main 2021 will start at 3 PM. Students will have to report to the allotted exam centre as per the time mentioned in their admit cards.|
|12:20 PM IST||Feb. 24, 2021||Students find JEE Main 2021 paper 1 “moderate”According to them, the exam was “moderate” in terms of difficulty. In Physics more questions were asked from Atoms and Nuclei, Weave-length chapters. In chemistry, Organic chemistry questions had more weightage. Maths part was “quite hard”, according to a student who wrote JEE Main 2021 BTech paper in the morning shift today.|
|12:01 PM IST||Feb. 24, 2021||JEE Main Paper 1: Morning shift exam over.The BTech paper of JEE Main 2021 (morning shift) ended at 12 pm. Stay tuned for student reactions and paper analysis by experts.|
|11:27 AM IST||Feb. 24, 2021||JEE Main shift 1 will end at 12 pm and analysis of the morning shift paper will be made available soon.|
|10:53 AM IST||Feb. 24, 2021||Uttar Pradesh’s state test for engineering admissions, the Uttar Pradesh State Entrance Examination (UPSEE) has been scrapped. Dr APJ Abdul Kalam Technical University used to conduct the exam. Colleges that used to admit through UPSEE will now do so through JEE Main scores.|
|09:40 AM IST||Feb. 24, 2021||JEE Mains timings: Shift 1: 9 am to 12 pm Shift 2: 3 pm to 6 pm JEE Main paper 1 (February) will be held on both shifts on February 24, 25 and 26|
|09:01 AM IST||Feb. 24, 2021||JEE Main 2021 paper 1: Shift 1 exam beginsThe first shift of the JEE mains exam for BTech aspirants have started. Paper analysis will be made available after the end of the exam.|
|08:44 AM IST||Feb. 24, 2021||Along with the JEE Main admit card 2021, students should carry the following items: Duly filled self-declaration form or undertaking.Photo IDA simple ballpoint pensPhotograph to be pasted on attendance sheet|
|08:23 AM IST||Feb. 24, 2021||JEE Mains: Shift 1 from 9 am; CCTV cameras, network jammers installedFirst shift of JEE main paper 1 will begin at 9 am. NTA has installed CCTV cameras, mobile network jammers at exam centres.|
|07:55 AM IST||Feb. 24, 2021||Common mistakes to avoid in JEE Main exam:Lack of time managementNot reading the question paper properlyAnswering questions in hasty manner.Not reading options carefully.Wasting time on each question.Panicking during the examTaking the JEE Main first attempt lightly.Not revising the JEE Main paperChoosing wrong section to begin the paper|
|07:42 AM IST||Feb. 24, 2021||Number of students in JEE Main 2021: As many as 6,52,627 candidates have registered for Paper 1 (BE/BTech) and 63,065 candidates have registered for Paper 2A and Paper 2B (BArch and B-Planning). A total of 22,748 candidates registered for both BArch and B-Planning papers.|
|07:24 AM IST||Feb. 24, 2021||Students start reaching JEE Main exam centre.|
|07:03 AM IST||Feb. 24, 2021||Take advantage of the new exam patternIn Section B of JEE Main BTech paper, there will be 10 MCQs and candidates will have to answer five.There will be no negative marking.This can prove to be a deciding factor. Candidates can answer all the questions in section B and can get up to 20 marks which will increase their chances of qualifying. Students must take advantage of this opportunity.|
|06:56 AM IST||Feb. 24, 2021||Items allowed to the exam venue:admit cardphoto ID cardhand sanitiserwater bottleThey will not be allowed to bring any kind of personal belongings like mobile phone, watch, jewellery or any other metallic object.|
|06:52 AM IST||Feb. 24, 2021||Dress code for the exam venue: Caps, dupatta and accessories like sunglasses are not allowed in JEE Main exam. If a candidate wears a specific attire due to religious reasons, she or he must reach the exam centre one-and-a-half hours before the gate closing time and inform the exam officials.|