- The HPCL (the Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited) recruitment 2021 for 200 engineer posts was posted on the HPCL official website: www.hindustanpetroleum.com, with complete brief details on application fee, vacancies, and pay scale, and other important details related to the exam.
- Application forms are available on the official website of the HPCL. Candidates can fill and submit it on or before April 15.
- The required position is acceptable for the following engineers:
- Mechanical Engineer
- Civil Engineer
- Electrical Engineer
- Instrumentation Engineer
- The exam is eligible to only those candidates who have obtained 4-year full time regular engineering course from AICTE approved or UGC recognized University or Deemed University with minimum 60% marks are eligible to apply.
- The cut off mark in the qualifying exam for candidates belonging to SC, ST, PwBD categories is 50% marks.
- The exam procedure is based on two important selection steps:
- Online (Computer-based Test (CBT))will select candidates on the basis of a computer-based test
- Group task/ Group Discussion (GD)
- Personal Interview (PI)
- The Computer Based Test will be of objective questions with no negative marking and will comprise of 2 parts– general aptitude and technical or professional knowledge. Candidates who qualify in the computer-based test in order of merit and a predetermined ratio will be asked by the HPCL to upload the supporting documents.
- The Selected Officers will be on Probation for 1 year from the Date of Joining. Upon successful completionof the Probation period, the officer will be considered for confirmation as per company policy.
- Only Indian Nationals are eligible to apply.
- Candidates presently employed in Government Departments / PSUs / Autonomous Bodies owned bythe Government, should submit their application through proper process. It is mandatory for each of them toproduce a ‘NoObjection’ Certificate at the time of Group Task and Personal Interview. Candidates failing to produce this certificate may lead to disqualifying of them to the Group Task and Personal Interview process following that their candidature will not beentertained.
- Posting/ Assignment can be in any SBUs/Division/Department of the Corporation at any place in thecountry and the services thereafter will be transferable as per the requirement of the Corporation. Thesepositions may involve working in shift duties. Selected candidates may also be posted/assigned to any ofthe subsidiaries/Joint Ventures or any department of Government of India in India or abroad.
- SC, ST &PwBD candidates are exempted from payment of application fee.
- UR, OBCNC and EWS candidates are required to pay a Non-Refundable Amount of ₹1180/- + paymentgateway charges if any (Application fee of ₹1000/- + GST@18% i.e., ₹180/- + payment gateway chargesif applicable).
- Payment can be done through Debit / Credit card/UPI/Net Banking. On paying application fee online, the paymentstatus will automatically change to “Your Transaction is successfully completed” on successfulreceipt of fees.
- All the candidates must ensure that the payment status is “Completed” as the transaction will beconsidered “incomplete” in case of any other payment status. Once the payment is done, candidates arerequired to take print of acknowledgment of payment and preserve the same for future reference.
- No other mode of payment than those mentioned above will be accepted.
- Application fee once paid will not be refunded under any circumstances
VACANCIES AND RESERVATION:
|Position||Technical Services||Petrochemical Sales||Petrochemical Sales|
|PwBD Eligibility||HH. OA. OL. CP. LC. Dw. AAV. SLD. MLMD (any of the combinations above)||LV.D.HH.OA.BA.OL.CP.LC.Dw.AAV.SLD.MI.MD (any of the combinations above)||LV.D.HH.OA.BA.OL.CP.LC.Dw.AAV.SLD.MI.MD (any of the combinations above)|
REQUIRED EDUCATION QUALIFICATIONS:
- 4-year full time regular Engineering course in any stream (Preferably in Polymer/Plastics, Chemicals)from AICTE approved/UGC recognized Universities/Deemed Universities/ with minimum 60% marksfor UR/OBCNC/ EWS Category candidates and 50% for SC/ST/PwBD candidates in Graduation.
- CGPA/OGPA or letter grade in a qualifying degree is awarded, equivalent percentage of marks should be indicated in the application form as per norms adopted by University/Institute. A certificate to this effect from University / Institute which shall be required at the time of interview shortlisting stage.
- Minimum 15 years is required to fulfill the selection criteria in terms of education.
- Out of 15 years, minimum 8 years of relevant work experience in Technical Services forPE/PP/PVC in Polymer manufacturing company in India or abroad with production capacity of more than 300 KTPA as on 31st Mar 2020.
SHORTLISTING AND CRITERIA:
- The selection process may comprise of various tools like resume shortlisting, behavioural and technicalinterview etc.
- In the event of number of applications being large, Corporation will adopt shortlisting criteria to restrictthe number of candidates to be called for interview.
- Candidates claiming to fulfil all the eligibility criteria (based on scrutiny of the application and resumeas submitted in the online application), will be advised to upload all the supporting documents claimingfor the candidature for further consideration in selection process.
- The shortlisting criteria will be based on higher relevant experience, preferred educational stream,additional/higher educational qualification etc.
- Eligible candidates based on resume shortlisting & scrutiny of uploaded documents, will undergobehavioural and technical interview.
- Final Shortlisting & Selection would be as per the vacancies, available category wise.Shortlisted candidates will undergo Technical (60 marks) and Behavioural Interview (40marks)
- Minimum passing: 40% for UR/ EWS and 33.33% SC/ST/OBCNC/ PwBD.
|Post Name||No. Of Vacancies|
|Salary Grade||Pay Scale||Cost to Company (CTC) Approx.|
|Name of The Posts||Mechanical EngineersCivil EngineersElectrical EngineersInstrumentation Engineers|
|Organisation||Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited (HPCL)|
|Educational Qualification||B.E/B.Tech Degree in Mechanical, Civil, Electrical, Electrical & Electronics and Instrumentation or equivalent engineering disciplines|
|Experience||Freshers can apply|
|Job Responsibilities||(not yet revealed)|
|Skills Required||(not yet revealed)|
|Job Location||Across HPCL units in India|
|Salary Scale||Rs. 50,000 to Rs. 1,60,000 per month.|
|Industry||Central Public Sector Enterprise (CPSE)|
|Application Start Date||March 3, 2021|
|Application End Date||April 15, 2021|