There are different streams in engineering course one of oldest and most popular engineering course is Civil Engineering. Unlike any other engineering courses, Civil Engineering is also a four year course and through this article we are providing the complete information about the Civil Engineering course like eligibility, specializations, course & duration, admission process, carriers & jobs etc.
What is Civil Engineering?
A study that deals with the that deals with the design, construction, and maintenance of the physical and naturally built environment, including public works such as roads, bridges, canals, dams, airports, sewerage systems, pipelines, structural components of buildings, and railways.
Civil Engineering Diploma Course:
- 10th Class
- Intermediate/12th Class
Civil Engineering Graduation Course:
- Intermediate/12th Class
Civil Engineering Post Graduation Course:
- BE/B.Tech in Civil Engineering
Civil Engineering Research Program:
- ME/M.Tech in Civil Engineering
Civil Engineering Course & Duration:
There are 2 different courses in Civil Engineering starting right from the diploma to PhD.
- Civil Engineering PG Course (ME/M.Tech) – duration of the course is 2 years and the (BE/B.Tech) students are eligible to apply for this course.
- Civil Engineering PhD Program: – duration of the course is 2 years and the Civil Engineering post graduates (ME/M.Tech) students are eligible to apply for this course.
Civil Engineering Admission Process:
There are different ways and different entrance exams to get the admission into the Civil Engineering they are:
- For diploma course students have to appear for the local diploma common entrance test.
- For under graduation course students have to appear for JEE Mains.
- For Post-graduation course students have to appear for GATE exam.
- For Research program students have to appear for CSIR NET exam.
- For UG i.e. Engineering program some of the states like Tamil Nadu, Punjab, and Maharashtra are offering Civil Engineering admissions by conducting the university level exams.
Civil Engineering Specializations:
There are different specializations in the Civil Engineering M.Tech. course they are:
- Materials Science And Engineering
- Coastal Engineering
- Construction Engineering
- Earthquake Engineering
- Environmental Engineering
- Geotechnical Engineering
- Water Resources Engineering
- Structural Engineering
- Transportation Engineering
- Municipal or Urban Engineering
- Forensic Engineering
- Control Engineering
Top Engineering Colleges that Offer Civil Engineering Course are:
- Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Bombay
- Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Kharagpur
- Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Delhi
- National Institute of Technology (NIT), Trichy
- National Institute of Technology (NIT), Surathkal
Civil Engineering Diploma Courses:
- Diploma in Civil & Rural Engineering
- Advance Diploma in Civil Engineering
- Post Graduate Diploma in Civil Engineering
Civil Engineering Bachelor Courses:
- Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech) in Ceramics & Cement Technology
- Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech) in Civil Infrastructure Engineering
- Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech) in Civil & Transportation Engineering
Civil Engineering Post-graduation Courses:
- Master of Technology (M.Tech) in Civil Structural Design
- Master of Technology (M.Tech) in Building Technology & Construction Management
Civil Engineering Jobs Recruiters:
The top most companies both from Government and the private sectors that offer jobs in Civil engineering are:
- Emmar Properties
- Marafiz Contracting
- European Contracting
- Ralls Contracting
- Black Cat Eng
- Sedrat Al Khaleej
- Silver Falkon
- MedGulfPunj Lloyds Ltd
- White Young
- Shapoorji and Pallonji
- Al Jadeed
- Double Crown
- Specialized Contracting
- Unicon Development Constructions
- PAC Constructions