- Exam dates for ICSE AND ISC, 2021 have been announced by CISCE (The Council for the Indian School Certificate Examination) on March 1st, 2021, at their official website: www.cisce.org. The students appearing for the Class 12 (ISC) exams and Class 10 (ICSE) exams can check their exam time-table on this official website.
- The announcement follows the detailed timetables for both ICSE and ISC scheduling the exams to start from April 8 onwards for ISC (Class 12 exam) and from May 5 onwards for ICSE (Class 10 exam). Both the exams (without any interruption of the pandemic and upcoming elections) shall conclude on June 16 and June 7 respectively.
- The results for both of these exams shall be declared in July 2021.
- In order to clear the class 10 exam, students need to secure a minimum of 33 per cent marks in each subject while those in class 12 require at least 40 marks in each subject.
- Earlier, the board had announced that ICSE, ISC Board Exam 2021 will be delayed. Generally, the board conducts class 10 and class 12 exams in the months of February and March. However, the exams were delayed because of the coronavirus pandemic.
- Last year, the board had to cancel the board exams because of the COVID-19 pandemic and it evaluated students on the basis of internal assessments. CISCE had even informed the Supreme Court that students won’t be given the option of re-examination and will be evaluated solely on the basis of the internal assessment.
- Meanwhile, PM Modi encouraged students who are preparing to appear for board examinations. In order to boost up the confidence of the students, recently in the AIR programme, “Mann Ki Baat”, he addressed students to be a warrior rather than being a worrier. The motive was to let the students be free of their fear from the pandemic so as to fight the hurdles that may come on the path of their career. He advised students to not hold any study pressure in mind or a stress to compete with others. Instead, they need to entrust themselves and shall compete with their own-self.
ICSE TIMETABLE 2021 (Class-10):
|May 5||Wednesday||11:00 AM||English Language-English Paper-1||2 hrs|
|May 6||Thursday||11:00 AM||Environmental Science (Group II Elective)||2 hrs|
|May 8||Saturday||09:00 AM||Art Paper-1 (Still Life)||3 hrs|
|May 10||Monday||11:00 AM||Literature in English-English Paper-2||2 hrs|
|May 12||Wednesday||11:00 AM||History & Civics-H.C.G. Paper-1||2 hrs|
|May 13||Thursday||11:00 AM||Economics (Group-II Elective)||2 hrs|
|May 15||Saturday||09:00 AM||Art Paper-2 (Natural Drawing/ Painting)||3 hrs|
|May 18||Tuesday||11:00 AM||Mathematics||2 ½ hrs|
|May 20||Thursday||11:00 AM||Geography-H.G.C. Paper-2||2 hrs|
|May 22||Saturday||09:00 AM||Art Paper-3 (Original Comparison)||3 hrs|
|May 24||Monday||11:00 AM||Commercial Studies (Group-II Elective) French (Group-II Elective)||2 hrs|
|May 25||Tuesday||11:00 AM||Second languages: Ao-NagaAssameseBengaliDzongkhaGaroGujaratiKannadaKhasiLepchaMizoMalayalamManipuriMarathiNepaliOdiaPunjabiSanskritTamilTangkhulTeluguUrdu Modern Foreign languages: ArabicChineseFrenchGermanModernArmenianPortugueseSpanishThaiTibetan||3 hrs|
|May 28||Friday||11:00 AM||Physics-SCIENCE Paper-1||2 hrs|
|May 29||Saturday||09:00 AM||Art Paper-4 (Applied Art)||3 hrs|
|May 31||Monday||11:00 AM||Chemistry-SCIENCE-Paper-2||2 hrs|
|June 2||Wednesday||11:00 AM||Biology-SCIENCE-Paper-3||2 hrs|
|June 4||Friday||11:00 AM||Hindi||3 hrs|
|June 7||Monday||11:00 AM||(Group III-Elective) Carnatic MusicCommercial ApplicationCookeryDramaEconomic applicationsEnvironmental applicationsFashion designingFrenchGermanHindustani MusicHome ScienceHospitality ManagementIndian DanceMass Media and CommunicationPhysical EducationWestern MusicYoga Technical Drawing application||2 hrs 3 hrs|
ISC TIMETABLE 2021 (Class-12):
|April 8||Thursday||09:00 AM||Computer Science Paper-2 Practical-Planning Session||1 ½ hours (90 minutes)|
|April 9||Friday||09:00 AM||Home Science (Paper-2) Practical-Planning Session Indian Music-Carnatic (Paper-2) Practical||1 hr 20 minutes for each candidate|
|May 5||Wednesday||02:00 PM||Business Studies||3 hrs|
|May 6||Thursday||02:00 PM||English-Paper-1 (English Language)||3 hrs|
|May 8||Saturday||02:00 PM||Elective English||3 hrs|
|May 11||Tuesday||02:00 PM||Mathematics||3 hrs|
|May 13||Thursday||02:00 PM||English-Paper-2 (Literature in English)||3 hrs|
|May 15||Saturday||02:00 PM||Home Science-Paper-1 (Theory)||3 hrs|
|May 17||Monday||02:00 PM||Physics- Paper-1 (Theory)||3 hrs|
|May 18||Tuesday||09:00 AM||Art Paper-3 (drawing or Painting||3 hrs|
|May 19||Wednesday||02:00 PM||Sociology||3 hrs|
|May 20||Thursday||02:00 PM||Legal StudiesMass Media and Communication||3 hrs 3 hrs|
|May 21||Friday||02:00 PM||Chemistry (Paper-1) Theory||3 hrs|
|May 22||Saturday||02:00 PM||Electricity and ElectronicsGeometrical and mechanical DrawingGeometrical and Building Drawing||3 hrs 3 hrs 3 hrs|
|May 24||Monday||02:00 PM||Accounts||3 hrs|
|May 25||Tuesday||02:00 PM||History||3 hrs|
|May 27||Thursday||02:00 PM||Commerce||3 hrs|
|May 28||Friday||02:00 PM||Geography||3 hrs|
|May 29||Saturday||09:00 AM||Art Paper-2 (Drawing or Painting from Nature)||3 hrs|
|May 31||Monday||02:00 PM||Environmental Science paper-1 (Theory)||3 hrs|
|June 1||Tuesday||02:00 PM||Indian Languages/ Modern foreign languages/ classical languages||3 hrs|
|June 2||Wednesday||09:00 AM||Art paper-5 (Crafts ‘A’)||3 hrs|
|June 3||Thursday||02:00 PM||Computer Science (paper-1) Theory||3 hrs|
|June 4||Friday||02:00 PM||Indian Music- Hindustani-Ppaer-1 (Theory)Indian Music-Carnatic-Paper- 1 (Theory)Fashion Designing-paper-1 (Theory)||3 hrs 3 hrs 3 hrs|
|June 5||Saturday||09:00 AM||Art Paper-4 (Original Imaginative Comparison in Color)||3 hrs|
|June 7||Monday||02:00 PM||Biology- Paper-1 (theory)||3 hrs|
|June 8||Tuesday||02:00 PM||Hospitality Management||3 hrs|
|June 9||Wednesday||02:00 PM||Physical Education-paper-1 (Theory)||3 hrs|
|June 10||Thursday||02:00 PM||Biotechnology (paper-1) Theory||3 hrs|
|June 11||Friday||02:00 PM||Economics||3 hrs|
|June 12||Saturday||09:00 AM||Art Paper-1 (Drawing or Painting from Still life)||3 hrs|
|June 14||Monday||02:00 PM||Political Science||3 hrs|
|June 16||Wednesday||02:00 PM||Psychology||3 hrs|
ADDITIONAL POINTS TO REMEMBER:
- It is necessary for all the students to keep in mind that they are strictly not allowed to start writing their paper during the first 15 minutes that shall be effectively utilised for reading the question paper. Neither should any candidate write or imprint anything on the given question papers. This may lead to debauchery accusing of the student for violating the CISCE guidelines.
- The question papers for the examination scheduled to begin at 9:00 AM will be distributed to the candidates at 08:45 am, providing a mandatory 15 minutes relaxation to carefully go through the question paper.
- The question papers for the examination scheduled to begin at 02:00 PM will be distributed to the candidates at 01:45 PM, providing a mandatory 15 minutes relaxation to carefully go through the question paper.
- For more other information related to the exam, please go through the official guidelines mentioned in the timetable booklet given by the council via your respective schools. In case, you want to search the details online, you can also access through the official website of CISCE.