There are different streams in engineering course one of the most trending and the popular engineering course is Biotechnology Engineering. Unlike any other engineering courses, Biotechnology Engineering is also a four year course and through this article we are providing the complete information about the Biotechnology Engineering course like eligibility, specializations, course & duration, admission process, carriers & jobs etc.
What is Biotechnology Engineering?
Biotechnology Engineering is the study of applied biology, chemical engineering principles that involves the use of living things in engineering, technology, medicine, and other useful applications.
Biotechnology Engineering Diploma Course:
- 10th Class
- Intermediate/12th Class
Biotechnology Engineering Graduation Course:
- Intermediate/12th Class
Biotechnology Engineering Post Graduation Course:
- BE/B.Tech in Biotechnology Engineering
Biotechnology Engineering Research Program:
- ME/M.Tech in Biotechnology Engineering
Biotechnology Engineering Course & Duration:
There are 2 different courses in Biotechnology Engineering starting right from the diploma to PhD.
- Diploma in Biotechnology Engineering – duration of the course is 3 years and the 10th passed and the intermediate/12th class students are eligible to apply for this course.
- Biotechnology Engineering UG Course (BE/B.Tech) – duration of the course is 4 years and the intermediate/12th class students are eligible to apply for this course.
- Biotechnology Engineering PG Course (ME/M.Tech) – duration of the course is 2 years and the (BE/B.Tech) students are eligible to apply for this course.
- Biotechnology Engineering PhD Program: – duration of the course is 2 years and the Biotechnology Engineering post graduates (ME/M.Tech) students are eligible to apply for this course.
Biotechnology Engineering Admission Process:
There are different ways and different entrance exams to get the admission into the Biotechnology Engineering they are:
- For diploma course students have to appear for the local diploma common entrance test.
- For under graduation course students have to appear for JEE Mains, local state level entrance exam.
- For Post-graduation course students have to appear for GATE exam, local state level entrance exam.
- For Research program students have to appear for CSIR NET exam.
Biotechnology Engineering Specializations:
There are different specializations in the Biotechnology Engineering M.Tech. course they are:
- Molecular Biology
- Animal Husbandry
Top Engineering Colleges that Offer Biotechnology Engineering Course are:
- Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee
- Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi
- Indian Institute of Technology, Guwahati
- Amity Institute of Biotechnology, Noida
- School of Biotechnology, Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU), New Delhi
Biotechnology Engineering Jobs Recruiters:
The top most companies both from Government and the private sectors that offer jobs in Biotechnology engineering are:
- Hindustan Lever Ltd
- Thapar Group
- Indo-American Hybrid seeds
- Biocon India Ltd
- India Vaccines Corporation
- Hindustan Antibiotics
- Tata Engineering Research Institute