Aerospace engineering course is one of the most trending and the popular engineering course. Aerospace Engineering involves the study and the design of the aircrafts and the spacecrafts. Unlike any other engineering course Aerospace Engineering is also a four year course and through this article we are providing the complete information about the Aerospace Engineering course like eligibility, specializations, course & duration, admission process, carriers etc.Sponsored Links
What is Aerospace Engineering?
The branch of engineering which deals with the study, design, manufacturing, testing the aircrafts and spacecrafts. Aerospace Engineering deals specifically in designing, manufacturing, testing the military and aircrafts and spacecrafts.
Eligibility Criteria for Aerospace Engineering Course:
There are three different courses in the Aerospace engineering, depending on the stream type the eligibility criteria changes.
Aerospace Engineering Graduation Course:
- Intermediate/12th Class
Aerospace Engineering Post Graduation Course:
- BE/B.Tech in Aerospace Engineering
Aerospace Engineering Research Program:
- ME/M.Tech in Aerospace Engineering
Aerospace Engineering Course & Duration:
There are three different courses in Aerospace Engineering starting right from the diploma to PhD.
- Aerospace Engineering UG Course (BE/B.Tech) – duration of the course is 4 years and the intermediate/12th class students are eligible to apply for this course.
- Aerospace Engineering PG Course (ME/M.Tech) – duration of the course is 2 years and the Aerospace Engineering (BE/B.Tech) students are eligible to apply for this course.
- Aerospace Engineering PhD Program: – duration of the course is 2 years and the Aerospace Engineering post graduates (ME/M.Tech) students are eligible to apply for this course.
Aerospace Engineering Admission Process:
There are different ways and different entrance exams to get the admission into the Aerospace Engineering they are:
- For under graduation course students have to appear for JEE Mains.
- For Post-graduation course students have to appear for GATE exam.
- For Research program students have to appear for CSIR NET exam.
Aerospace Engineering Major Components:
The major components of Aerospace engineering are:
· Radar Cross-Section
· Fluid Mechanics
· Statics and Dynamics
· Control engineering
· Aircraft structures
· Materials science
· Solid mechanics
· Risk and reliability
· Noise control
· Flight test
Top Colleges for Aerospace Engineering in India:
- IT Kanpur
- IIT Kharagpur
- IIT Bombay
- Indian Institute of Science
- University of Petroleum and Energy Studies
- Hindustan University
Aerospace Engineering Jobs Recruiters:
The top most companies both from Government and the private sectors that offer jobs in Aerospace engineering are:
- HAL – Hindustan Aeronautics Limited
- DRDO – Defense Research and Development Laboratories
- ISRO – Indian Space Research Organization
- ADA – Aeronautical Development Agency
- ADE – Aeronautical Development Establishment
- NAL – National Aerospace Laboratories
- Civil Aviation Department
- Air India
- Tata Advanced Systems
- Mahindra Aerospace
- Taneja Aerospace
- Samtel Avionics
- Pawan Hans Helicopters